[WSBAPT] Deceased Beneficiary with Living Trust

David Hastings dj at davidgateslaw.com
Fri Nov 22 11:27:39 PST 2019

Hi, all,
     I have a probate case where one of the beneficiaries died after the
decedent, but before distribution. I am told that all of this
beneficiary's assets were in a living trust, and that he left a
pour-over will to put any non-trust assets into the trust. The bequest
will be larger than $100,000.00.

     It looks like the beneficiary's heirs will need to open a probate
just to transfer the bequest into the living trust. Is there any way we
can distribute directly to the living trust instead? I feel like I've
heard of this being done, but I haven't found any authority for it.

     Thanks,

         -David

--

David J. Hastings