[WSBAPT] "Lack of Probate Affidavit" & QCD

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Thu Nov 7 16:32:42 PST 2019

Client is the only beneficiary from his brother under a LW&T. Decedent Never had kids or spouse. Brother is the only heir at law.
So we recorded a Lack of probate affidavit with a copy of a LW&T.
I just ordered a title commit.  and they listed the lack of probate affid. as being recorded and then said “We note that the affidavit purports to convey title to Brother.  Said document contains no conveyance language.  This company requires a Quit Claim Deed be recorded to perfect title.”  An QCD from who?  The decedent can’t sign anymore.

The affid. said in part: “Decedent left a Last Will and Testament which has not been probated or revoked, a copy of which accompanied this document, for review by the Treasurer.  This will provides for the distribution of all of the Decedent’s estate to brother and Affiant,”

I thought this was what a lack of probate affid.  is intended for.

thanks

Josh
Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619