[WSBAPT] Child discovered through DNA testing website

Yvette O'Connell yvette.oconnell.law at gmail.com
Fri May 3 15:57:54 PDT 2019

I have a client that did a test through ancestry.com only to find out he has
a 30 year old daughter.  No contact has been made between the two and he
doesn't have a desire to establish a relationship.

Am I correct in my thinking that this new daughter should be named in the
will in order to prevent her from taking an omitted child's share?  Or is
there something I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

Yvette

The Law Office of Yvette Smith O'Connell

7801 Green Lake Dr. North, Seattle, WA 98103

206/334-9949

Email:  <mailto:YvetteOConnellLaw at gmail.com> YvetteOConnellLaw at gmail.com

Website:   <http://www.yvetteoconnelllaw.com/> YvetteOConnellLaw.com

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by
reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without
copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.