[WSBAPT] Off-Topic Referral

Bryce Dille Bryce at dillelaw.com
Tue Jun 18 10:36:13 PDT 2019

If you have public roads you can’t have it gated.  You need all of the property owners  who are willing to do so  sign a set CC and Rs providing that they all agree to be member of the HOA as well as a set of bylaws governing the association. The CC and Rs would set out any restrictions and may provide for assessments to cover whatever costs the HOA will pay. Although I didn’t research it I don’t believe RCW 64.90 would apply although 64.38 probably would. Even if private roads that serve only the properties  all of whom  sign up you may have to get approval from the governmental agency having jurisdiction to have a gated community.

Bryce H. Dille | Attorney at Law
Dille Law, PLLC
P: 360-350-0270 | F: 844-210-4503
2010 Caton Way SW, Suite 101
Olympia, Washington 98502
www.dillelaw.com<http://www.dillelaw.com/>

This transmission contains confidential attorney-client communications and may not be disclosed to any person but the intended recipient(s).  If this matter is transmitted to you in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Business Entity Creation and Management
Business, Government and Tax Law
Real Estate and Land Use, Residential, Commercial and Condominium Development Real Estate and Commercial Transactions & Closings, Including Performing Services as IRS Section 1031 Exchange Facilitator Estate Planning, including Wills and Trusts, and Probate Administration Representation Homeowners/Condominium Association Real Estate Developments Real Property Foreclosures and Forfeitures