[WSBAPT] Incorporation by Reference

Lisa E Schuchman lisa at lisaschuchman.com
Wed Jul 3 10:37:48 PDT 2019

Hi, Heather,

This isn't directly answering your question, but I have at times recommended that clients in this situation leave the Seattle Foundation or the Pride Foundation (for examples) as beneficiaries. Then they work with the foundation to make a list of ultimate beneficiaries, which can be modified as needed during the donor’s lifetime. I’m not sure if the Seattle Foundation will give funds to individuals, and I’m pretty sure Pride does not, which may be a problem. If you do this you have to make sure the client follows through with the foundation to make the list of beneficiaries. I’ve done this a number of times and clients have been pretty happy with it.

Lisa E. Schuchman

I learn, I give. – Gloria Steinem