[WSBAPT] Creditor's Claim - Hypothetical

Jeff Davis jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Tue Jan 29 09:52:10 PST 2019

I know I am coming in late on this string, but for what it’s worth, I always take the position that the claims statute is strictly construed and that a creditor must both file and serve the claim within the applicable time period.  Otherwise it is rejected.  I have had claims filed with the court but not served on me or the PR, or served on me and not filed with the court.  If they miss either step I reject the claim.  Look at Estate of Sussman, No. 29991-7-II (Div. II 2004).  Although you cannot cite the case I think there are other’s out there that follow its reasoning.

Jeff Davis