[WSBAPT] administering estate with property in Brazil

Doug Owens dougowens at seattlerelawyer.com
Fri Jan 18 10:47:01 PST 2019

Dear list mates, I have received a request from a dear personal friend to serve as personal representative of his and his wife’s estates and as trustee of their testamentary trusts.  The problem aside from the usual is that these people own property in and spend much of their time in Brazil.  They also own property in Washington.  I am concerned about the idea of administering an estate that owns property in a foreign country, and particularly Brazil.  Has anyone done anything like this before?  Does anyone have any resources I could check before agreeing to this?  Thanks in advance.  Yours truly, Doug Owens 360 299 3990