[WSBAPT] Update on Upcoming Changes to the Real Property and the Probate & Trust Listservs

Michael Safren msafren at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:17:42 PST 2019

Hello Fellow Listservers:

I wanted to provide another reminder to all listserv users of the scheduled
updates and upcoming changes to both the Real Property and Probate & Trust
Listservs.

Starting February 1st, 2019, both listservs will only be accessible by WSBA
RPPT members. The RPPT Executive Committee decided after much deliberation
and input that the listservs should be an exclusive member benefit.
Starting February 1st, 2019, you will need to login into the
www.wsbarppt.com website using your section login and password in order to
register for the listserv, access the listserv archives, and/or unsubscribe
to the listserv.

Further, the Executive Committee has approved the adoption of new
guidelines, rules, and general etiquette for the listserv.  These will be
posted on www.wsbarppt,com under the listserv tab for all members to see
and review.

Lastly, beginning on February 1st, 2019, all listserv postings will contain
a disclaimer in the footer reminding all that while the listservs will be
restricted to RPPT section members, not all section members are practicing
attorneys.  Section membership is open to law students, non-practicing
members of the bar, and even some non-attorney professionals in related
fields such as title officers, real estate agents, and escrow agents.

The Executive Committee believes that these changes will improve the
listserv experience for section members and deliver value to members as one
of many available section member benefits.

I hope to make the transition to the members only listserv as seamless as
possible  If you experience any difficulty during the transition, please
feel free to email me and I will do my best to respond and assist you.

Kind regards,
Michael Safren
Web Editor, RPPT Section