[WSBAPT] Successor Trustees for Revocable Family Trust

Douglas Bratt djbratt at mbavancouverlaw.com
Tue Feb 26 16:18:27 PST 2019

Listmates:

I know I have seen many inquiries (and answers) about this subject on the list-serv, but cannot locate info at this point.

My clients are both the Trustors, and the Co-Trustees of their Revocable Living Trust.

They wish to appoint a back-up Trustee in the event they die or become incapacitated.

I am aware that Ohana Financial Corporation offers services in that role, but am interested in recommendations of other individuals, or organizations, that would take on such a position, if the need arose.

(My clients are not wanting to have a big bank serve as Trustee.  So many of the big banks seem to be interested in accounts that are much larger than my clients' balance sheet, which is still significant enough to warrant planning around the Washington State Estate Tax exemption amounts, so there is certainly enough to warrant someone's attention, if not the big banks.)

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Regards,

Doug Bratt

Douglas J. Bratt
Lawyer

[Envelope scaled Terry]

Office: (360) 213-2040
 Fax: (360) 213-2030

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you have received this message by mistake, please do not review, disclose, copy, or distribute the email. Instead, please notify us immediately by replying to this message or telephoning us.  Thank you.

NOTE:  I do not use encrypted email.  Messages sent to or from my office via email are not secure and may not be protected by attorney-client privilege.  This email address is not monitored at all times.  If your matter is urgent, please phone my office during regular business hours.