[WSBAPT] Translation services

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Wed Feb 13 23:55:37 PST 2019

Brent,

Yes, I've had documents/ pleadings translated into and from Spanish, and
also Portugese and Mandarin.

One way to find languages is to contact Interpreter Services at 2the
courthouse for a list of certified interpreters. Not all interpreters do
written translations. Some interpreters will go from the foreign language
to English, but not English to the Foreign language.  The latter requires
a much better command of the foreign language.

If you strike out with the court's list, you can also contact the
consulate for that country for a list of interpreters.  Even if there
isn't a consulate in Washington, since the work can be done over the
internet, the translator can be anywhere.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000
Seattle, Washington 98101