[WSBAPT] Notary fails to affix seal.

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Dec 16 16:30:12 PST 2019

Notary stamp is a required part of the notarization per RCW 42.45.130(2)(a)-under current law, anyway. This is the new notary act, so I'm not sure about requirements under old law. I do know that under the old law, there were some "oaths" that notaries could take that didn't require a stamp, but I don't think that would include notarization of DPAs etc.

Interesting map showing which states require either an ink stamp, or an embosser, or neither:
https://notarypublicunderwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/seal-requirements-maps.jpg

Older Washington law, you might check State v. Epstein, 138 Wash. 118, 244 P. 388 (1926); Melovitch v. City of Tacoma, 135 Wash. 533, 238 P. 563 (1925); Bloomingdale v. Weil, 29 Wash. 611, 70 P. 94 (1902).

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC