[WSBAPT] Off topic - guardianship issue

Dewey Weddle dwweddle at msn.com
Tue Apr 30 15:28:25 PDT 2019

Randy,

You might consider petitioning for non-parental custody rather than guardianship.  It probably would be less expensive, and the facts you cite lead me to believe that your petition would be granted without much ado.  Unless I am mistaken, your PC probably already qualifies as a de facto parent, which puts him on the inside track if any others are vying to be appointed as non-parental custodians.

A petition for guardianship would entail the appointment of a guardian ad litem, annual reports to the court if the petition were granted, and other procedural rigmarole that your PC probably would rather do without.

Best regards,

Dewey ​​

Law Office of Dewey W. Weddle, PLLC

909 7th Street

Anacortes, WA 98221

Telephone: 360-293-3600

Fax 360-293-3700

NOTICE: The receipt of this e-mail does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are not a client of this law office unless you have paid an advance against fees and signed an attorney/client agreement for representation.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.