[WSBAPT] Small Estate?

jeffrey winter jdwinter at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:43:56 PDT 2019

Listmates -- First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who was gracious enough in the past to respond to my inane inquiries...this Listserv, IMHO, is one of the best aspects of Bar membership.  It has been an honor to have been part of this Bar.  I am relocating to Florida shortly, and it not clear whether I will be practicing there or not, but I will always have fond memories of the willingness to help and the expertise I have encountered on this Listserv.

Now, as to my question -- PC's mother passed recently, no surviving spouse.  The only assets are a mobile home (at a park), some vehicles and about $300 in the bank.  After talking with the local licensing agency, it appears that they do not pay much attention to a Small Estate Affidavit unless an asset is entitled in the name of an estate....soooo, other than 11.62.010(5) ( the requirement to notify DSHS) is there any point for moving forward with this procedure, where the fee would essentially wipe out the bank account, and the PC could pretty much take care of the vehicle transfers on his own?

Thank you again,

Jeff Winter
The Law Office Jeffrey D. Winter, P.S.
604 North Main Street
Ellensburg, WA 98926

(509) 925-9600

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>    Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>