[WSBAPT] Small Construction Contractor Needs Defense Against Negligence Claim

Dave Culbertson dculbertson at culbertsonlawoffice.com
Thu Apr 25 16:34:59 PDT 2019

Hello, Listmates.

I'm throwing the net wide on this question, so apologies if it shows up on more than one list-serv. I don't do negligence/personal injury work, so I have a potential client for somebody. Spanish-speaking is a plus, as client has limited English. But he's a citizen and is used to working with interpreters when necessary.

His company sub-contracted with a large company on building some homes, a worker was injured (unclear to me what role L & I is playing in the situation), but in any case the injured worker has sued the Contractor, who in turn is pointing the finger in a Third-Party Complaint at this gentleman, the subcontractor, as being responsible for safety. The sub-contractor, a mix of diligent and unsophisticated, has taken action in response to getting papers from court...just not the right action, which is to get a lawyer who handles this type of case. So the case has advanced, and some early stages of Discovery has taken place.

Any referrals or self-referrals?

Best Regards,

Dave Culbertson

The Law Office of Davisson Culbertson, PLLC
19909 Ballinger Way NE
Shoreline, WA 98102

Office Line: (425) 252-0300
Cell:  (206) 478-8134