[WSBAPT] Formation of LLC--how to contribute assets

Dave Culbertson dculbertson at culbertsonlawoffice.com
Thu Apr 18 13:21:33 PDT 2019

Hello, Listmates.

I'm working with some clients who want to form an LLC to run a small business. Each wants to pitch in 10,000 to buy some equipment, etc. It's not my normal area, but I'm giving them the general lay of the land.

How does one achieve that-by simply stating it in the LLC agreement? Or is there some similar legal ritual you have to do to contribute money or materials to an LLC? For comparison, if it were a piece of land, you would have to deed it to the LLC, I think. I don't know if there is some other mechanical step for assets like money or materials.

Best Regards,

Dave Culbertson

The Law Office of Davisson Culbertson, PLLC
19909 Ballinger Way NE
Shoreline, WA 98102

Office Line: (425) 252-0300
Cell:  (206) 478-8134