[WSBAPT] partial satisfaction of creditor's claim

Allen Draher allen at draherlaw.com
Thu Apr 4 14:19:35 PDT 2019

PR compromised a submitted creditor's claim.  The Claimant submitted a "Partial Satisfaction of Creditor's Claim" (which states in part: the payment satisfies the debt and no further collection action will take place) which I e-filed.  I got a notice that the clerk refused to file because "Satisfactions must be acknowledged by a notary public prior to filing." And cited me to 4.56.100.  I don't want to go back to the claimant and ask for a notarized document.  And I don't think this is what 4.56.100 was meant to address.  Any ideas?  Should I just leave well enough alone and do nothing - I have the document.  Should I put an innocuous cover sheet on the satisfaction and see if it would pass?  Allen

Allen Draher

Law Office of Allen Draher, PLLC
5426 California Ave. S.W.
Seattle, WA 98136

ph   206-935-2998
allen at draherlaw.com<mailto:allen at draherlaw.com>

NOTICE:  This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this communication and/or shred the materials and any attachments and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.  Thank you.

To comply with IRS regulations, we are required to inform you that this message, if it contains advice relating to federal taxes, cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under federal tax law.