[WSBAPT] Bank non-acceptance of POA

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Tue Apr 2 17:31:58 PDT 2019

  Nick,

You can look at the annotated RCW  (so Wests RCWA – the green bound
volumes) for the history of /_ANY_/ statue and what changes, if any,
have been made to it since it’s enactment.

I don’t know exactly is required for a copy of a notarized document to
be a reliable substitute for the original.
Have you tried to locate the notary who notarized the document?  I’ve
never read the actual rules for what a notary’s record keeping should
be. However, I know notaries are encouraged to maintain a log of their
notary events.  Most notarizations have a space for the notaries
printed name, so you should be able to figure out who the notary is.
I'm sure the state keeps track of all notaries.

Twenty years is a long time ago, but if you locate the notary, or the
entity (agency/ firm/ etc) that they worked for, they might be able to
verify that the document was notarized by them.

I can understand that a bank would want a document with a certain
measure of reliability.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000