[WSBAPT] [WSBARP] Quit Claim Deed to Trust

Kira Rubel krubel at kmrlawfirm.com
Wed Oct 3 10:40:03 PDT 2018

Hi, all -

This is mostly on topic to this thread so I thought I'd jump in with a
related question.  I practice in CA and WA and in California, I've been
running into a lot of contingent general powers of appointment for the
bypass trust - which only kicks in if there's no estate tax issue, and
which gives the surviving spouse contingent GPOA ONLY in that instance and
only at their death. This then allows a second step up in basis on that
bypass trust.

Has anyone else seen this?  Using it?  Advice for or against?

*Kira M. Rubel*

*Law Offices of Kira M. Rubel*

*3615 Harborview Drive NW, Suite C*

*Gig Harbor, WA 98332-2129*

 Tel.  (800) 836-6531

Fax. (206) 238-1694

www.kmrlawfirm.com

The information transmitted (including any attachments) is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material that may be protected by law from disclosure.  If you
receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLAIMER: Any tax advice provided in this communication
is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the
recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or
(ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership
or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction
addressed herein.