[WSBAPT] Will directs executor to use a specific attorney: enforceable?

Camille Adair camille.adair at gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:11:53 PDT 2018

Hi all,

We are working with a client whose Mom just passed away. The mom’s will makes my client the executor and “appoints XYZ attorney to serve in her stead.” This attorney is shady and made herself the POA previously (it should have been our client). Our client doesn’t want to use this attorney for probate as she doesn’t trust this attorney. I am going to take our client to another estate planning attorney for an opinion, but any thoughts on whether this provision is really enforceable? Anyone seen anything like this in the past? Thanks!

Best,
Camille Adair-Hatch

Sent from my iPhone