[WSBAPT] Deed of PR - need to include easements?

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Thu Mar 29 11:15:06 PDT 2018

Technically the estate of the first spouse to die has jurisdiction over the entirety of community property, so even though the surviving spouse has a community interest, the Estate is the sole seller and is wholly exempt from Form 17 disclosures per RCW 64.06.010(6)<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=64.06.010>. (This is part of the logic that the marital community terminates at death of a spouse, and therefore all community debts, assets, etc. must be administered as part of the probate administration.) Magee v. Big Bend Land Co., 51 Wash. 406, 408, 99 P. 16 (1909) (administration of first spouse's estate had jurisdiction and authority to sell the entire community real property).

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC