[WSBAPT] Transfer of Real Property without Probate?

Derek Jensen derek at jensenestatelaw.com
Tue Mar 6 08:28:10 PST 2018

Sara,

You can consider a lack of probate affidavit for the real property. I would advise the client not to use joint tenancy with the daughter. I am bit on the fence with TOD deeds. I understand the appeal; however, I can think of number of issues and concerns. For example, if the daughter is likely to sell the property, I would prefer she sell it as a fiduciary in a probate.

Sincerely,

Derek W. Jensen, JD, LLM
Managing Attorney

[New Logo.tif]