[WSBAPT] RMS problems during probate

Teunis J. Wyers teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Mon Jun 4 15:28:13 PDT 2018

I would guess the WA Attorney General would be very interested in this
matter.  He takes a pretty aggressive approach to companies like this who
mess over the citizens of our fair state, especially older folks who find a
need to access their real estate equity for late in life expenses.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 2:10 PM, Robert R. Cole <cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net>
wrote:

> Colleagues:   The PR has had a terrible time dealing with RMS (Reverse
> Mortgage Solutions).  Even though he informed them immediately of her
> passing, and that the house would be quickly marketing and sold, and got
> insurance on it, and it obviously had a lot of equity in it, and he did
> everything they asked, and there was a quick sale, they still almost
> immediately put the reverse mortgage into the foreclosure process, and
> submitted in the payoff statement  $4100+ of excess charges to be paid at
> closing (which he did under protest).  They rebated about half, and are
> apparently unwilling to reimburse the rest, all of which was totally
> unnecessary, as his  long email chain would attest.
>
> Have any of you had the same experience?  Is this RMS's SOP???  If so,
> this is ripe for a consumer protection action at the least.  Contacting me
> directly is fine.
> --
>

> Very Truly Yours,
>
> Robert R. Cole
>
> Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.
>

> 10101 - 270th St. NW
>
> Stanwood, WA 98292
>
> (360) 629-2900 (Telephone)
>
> (360) 629-0220 (Fax)
>

> This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
> intended only for the named recipient(s).  Unless you are the named
> recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
> copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.  If
> you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender
> immediately.

Teunis J. Wyers @ Wyers|Wyers, Attorneys
Oregon Office:
     216 Columbia St. - P.O. Box 917
     Hood River, OR 97031
     (541)386-2210/610-1520 (fax)
Washington Office:
     218 E. Steuben St. - P. O. Box 421
     Bingen, WA  98605
     (509) 493-2772/493-2406 (fax)
Email:  teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Web:  www.wyerslawpc.com

NOTICE:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522,
is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other
than the individual recipient(s) is NOT a waiver of attorney-client
privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated
therein. If you have received this message in error, please notify me
immediately by reply e-mail and immediately delete the original message.