[WSBAPT] Trust for Home only for privacy?

Sara M sara.l.mcculloch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 06:59:29 PDT 2018

I have a police officer friend who would like to set a trust for a new home purchase so it isn’t possible to find his address easily via the tax records or auditor searches.

Has anyone set up a revocable trust just for this purpose?  They don’t need it for other assets. I don’t think the trust portion is so complicated, but I’m wondering about the other mechanics of naming a trustee (I believe that would show up in records searches- so does he need to name a non family member or professional trustee), dealing with mortgage and insurance company issues, tax issues, anything else I am not thinking of?

I would appreciate any experiences you have to share.

Sara McCulloch

Sent from my iPhone