[WSBAPT] Vietnam property question

Conor Buie conor at lambertlawpllc.com
Wed Jul 18 13:14:59 PDT 2018

Hello all -

I have an interesting situation that a PC asked me to look in to:

PC (Vietnam native) owned title to a piece of land in Vietnam. Back in the
early/mid-70s, Viet Cong demanded she transfer title to them. She gave them
a "fake" piece of paper that she was not an actual deed; still has
possession of the original deed. There was no transfer of
money/consideration for the property. PC is curious to know of there is any
way to verify if she still owns the property, and if so, how can this
property be addressed in her estate plan. Does anyone have any info/insight
into this issue?

Conor P. Buie
Associate Attorney

Lambert Law Office PLLC
900 Washington Street, Suite 1010
Vancouver, WA 98660
phone (360)737-1473
fax (360)859-5259

 <mailto:conor at LambertLawPLLC.com> conor at LambertLawPLLC.com
 <http://www.lambertlawpllc.com/> www.lambertlawpllc.com