[WSBAPT] POA language

Marie mwaal at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 12:21:40 PDT 2018

Here's what I've been using in POAs.

Digital Assets. My agent shall have (i) the power to access, use and control my digital devices, including but not limited to, desktops, laptops, tablets, peripherals, storage devices, mobile telephones, smartphones, and any similar digital device which currently exist or may exist as technology develops or such comparable items as technology develops for the purpose of accessing, modifying, deleting, controlling or transferring my digital assets, and (ii) the power to access, modify, delete, control and transfer my digital assets, including but not limited to, my emails received, email accounts, digital music, digital photographs, digital videos, software licenses, social network accounts, file sharing accounts, financial accounts, domain registrations, DNS service accounts, web hosting accounts, tax preparation service accounts, online stores, affiliate programs, other online accounts and similar digital items which currently exist or may exist as technology develops or such comparable items as technology develops.

Here's my will language

X.  Disposition of My Digital Assets

At the time of my death, I may have certain digital assets, which may include but be not limited to computing hardware, such as computers, external hard drives or flash drives, tablets, smartphones, digital music players, e-readers, digital cameras, and other digital devices; any information or data that is stored electronically, whether stored online, in the cloud, or on a physical device; any online accounts, such as financial institution accounts, email and communications accounts, social media accounts, shopping accounts, photo and video sharing accounts, video gaming accounts, online storage accounts, and websites and blogs that I may manage; domain names; and intellectual property, including copyrighted materials, trademarks, and any code I may have written and own.

It is my desire that my Executor and Personal Representative shall have full access to my digital assets to the same extent that I had during my lifetime. I direct that all of the digital versions of my family photographs that I may have at the time of my death shall be shared with my children as my Executor and Personal Representative deems appropriate. I also direct that all other materials stored on my social media and email accounts that my Executor and Personal Representative determines to have historical or monetary value be transferred to an account or accounts of my then-living beneficiaries as my Executor and Personal Representative deems appropriate and that thereafter all of my social media and email accounts be permanently deleted and closed. I leave it to the discretion of my Executor and Personal Representative to determine the disposition of all other digital assets I may have at the time of my death.

Marie White
Attorney at Law
415 SW 152nd Street
Burien, WA 98166-2208
206-246-1791 Phone
206-246-2080 Fax

Using an employer
provided or employer owned computer or other device to communicate with our office
may result in the waiver of the attorney-client privilege for those communications.
We do not use encrypted email so this message is not secure and may not be protected by attorney client privilege. This email address is NOT monitored 24/7. Please call during business hours so we can discuss it with you and also discuss timing. The information in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient named above (or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient). If you received this in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us by telephone immediately at (206) 246-1791, and delete the original message. Thank you.