[WSBAPT] TOD recording procedure

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Mon Jul 9 11:49:11 PDT 2018

Some, but not necessarily all, counties require that you go to the Treasurer to obtain a stamp that shows the deed is exempt for filing the REETA. The TOD is both exempt from excise tax and from filing a REETA, claiming an exemption. But you still may need the exemption stamp to get it through the Auditor.

This is true in Skagit because the Auditor will not accept any deed for recording without something from the Treasurer.

And of course, for certain transactions in Skagit, one must curtesy and say “please” to the clerk at the Treasurer’s office.

“Exempt”:
“When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more, nor less.”
―  <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8164.Lewis_Carroll> Lewis Carroll,  <https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/45962572> Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.