[WSBAPT] Notice to Known Creditors in Estate w/o Non-Intervention Powers

Thomas Hackett thomas at nwlegacylaw.com
Thu Feb 22 10:30:06 PST 2018

Listmates-

I have a question on creditor notices to known creditors. PR was appointed
w/o non-intervention powers. We published notice, then sent notice per RCW
11.40.030 to known creditors 90 days later. One of the creditors responded
to our notice that "Can not process or verify without the patient's date of
birth." We did include the reference number for the invoice from this
creditor in our cover letter to the creditor.

Do we have any obligation to provide the decedent's date of birth to this
creditor? I don't think this request by the creditor tolls the 30 day
period for the creditor to make the claim provided we complied with RCW
11.40.030.

Interested to know others experiences and insights on this situation. Thank
you in advance.

*Thomas A. Hackett*
Attorney | NW Legacy Law Center, P.S.
360-975-7770 | http://nwlegacylaw.com