[WSBAPT] First Wife (Deceased) Still on Title

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Mon Feb 12 18:15:03 PST 2018

Thank you. I appreciate the guide. That is generally what I was thinking.
But considering that the surviving spouse is now dead. Long dead. Probate
completed. I am stuck in the practicality of this situation.

To add further clarification - there were no children between the first
wife and the husband.  When she died, it was entirely community property
that was left the husband.  He moves on with life and meets Wife-2, they
marry and have no kids. Husband now dies. Wife-2 hires an attorney to
probate the estate. Probate is completed, Wife-2's name added to title.
Wife-2 goes to get a loan just recently to help with the cost of being
elderly in Seattle. Loan officer (likely title company) advises that Wife-1
is still on the title.

What is the practical probate process? Intestate petition with my client
requesting to be PR?

Appreciate the insights and suggestions. I am struck trying to figure out
what/how a probate would work when she has no heirs.