[WSBAPT] Court order to Apple

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Fri Feb 2 07:45:02 PST 2018

Thank you. My apologies for not being clear in my question.

Using RCW 11.120 et seq, is this something that I can do through Ex-parte?
Do I need to serve Apple through their registered agent?  People at the
Apple Store are (as expected) unaware of any of these processes, so I am
looking for the road map on how to achieve the access that we are entitled
to.  Up until now, it has always just be a theorhetical discussion covered
in various CLE's but without any actual experience or instruction.  The
safe side is noting this for a motion, file it with their registered agent
- but the drawback would be the timing and cost.

Thank you!

Brent

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 1:50 PM, Paul Grant <paulnnepa at gmail.com> wrote:

> look at the new digital access law - rcw 11.120

> <#m_166606831787467474_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>

> Paul H. Grant - JD, LL.M
>
> Planning with Purpose, Inc
> Lynnwood, WA 98036
> 425-939-9948 <(425)%20939-9948>
> www.planningwithpurposeinc.com
>
> Estate Planning. Business Planning. Wealth Succession.
>
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Brent Williams-Ruth <brent at bwrconsults.com
> > wrote:
>
>> One of my clients has been trying to access her husband’s iCloud account.
>> Apple said they will provide access with a court order. Has anyone done
>> this dance with them and willing to offer guidance?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Brent Williams-Ruth
>> Founding Member
>> BWR Consulting, PLLC