[WSBAPT] TOD to JRWROS

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Thu Feb 1 08:57:05 PST 2018

Paul,

Interesting perspective, though I disagree with your reading.

I’m sure even title companies would accept a Judge’s order, but all of my discussion with title companies so far on this is that they would not recognize survivorship rights if a surviving beneficiary of a TODD tried to sell, based on the statute. Most of my clients aren’t interested in doing things the hard (and “we’ll let a court sort it out later”) way. Or if they are, they get strongly worded letters from me disclaiming any responsibility down the road if they act against my advice.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.