[WSBAPT] Custodianship for Insurance Proceeds?

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Thu Feb 1 09:27:13 PST 2018

Sara:
I think your answer depends on the court.  However, given the fact that the mother is relying on the insurance proceeds to provide for the children (I am not saying she shouldn’t be supported given the death of their father), I could see a court having a hard time relinquishing the protections that the guardianship is providing to the minor children.  Now, if you had a 3rd party available to serve, that might be more acceptable option with a custodian.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
Yakima, Washington