[WSBAPT] Letters to Known Creditors - Duty to provide account numbers?

Thomas M. Culbertson tculbertson at lukins.com
Fri Dec 21 09:40:17 PST 2018

I was about to reply saying essentially what Heather did, and Heather did it for me.

Reminds me of a personal situation a number of years ago, when I got a dunning letter from a collection agency for about $13 the same day I got a check back from the creditor/hospital for the same amount. As a family we seemed to have about a gazillion account numbers with that provider and our payment was credited to the wrong account. I  called the collection agency, spoke to someone who was very sympathetic (!) and who deadpanned “Yea, when you park there they attach something to your car so that from that point forward, every time you drive by they assign you an additional account number.”

Merry Christmas everyone.

THOMAS M. CULBERTSON  I  Lukins & Annis, PS
717 W. Sprague Ave, Suite 1600, Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 455-9555  I  fax (509) 363-2500  I  tculbertson at lukins.com<mailto:tculbertson at lukins.com>