[WSBAPT] contract for wills

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Wed Dec 12 12:36:14 PST 2018

I tend to vote with Cy.  A contract to make a will gives me the willies.  It is too easy for the decedent to transfer assets through gifts, joint ownership, POD, TOD, and beneficiary designations that defeat the point (or effect) of the contract, all the while mainlining a will in place that seemingly complies with the contract, only to find after death that the estate governed by the will has been diminished or eliminated.  Deal me out.
Phil Jones
Portland, OR