[WSBAPT] Two-fer Question - Parceling Property through Probate; and Run Away Ex

Kerry Richards krichards at lawgate.net
Tue Dec 11 17:13:22 PST 2018

Dear Brent:
I would suggest you look to see if the property and its legal description was contained in the Decree of Separation or Dissolution. If it was, or was described in the Property Settlement Agreement, then that is sufficient. A quit claim deed is not necessary to award your client the real estate. There are multiple cases that indicate a decree is sufficient in this circumstance to convey title. You will want to verify this as Andrekita’s advice is good, but you can save time and avoid her plan if the Decree lays out the division and includes a legal description.
Yours Truly,

Kerry A. Richards, Attorney
[cid:image001.png at 01D31B65.31A26710]
The Law Offices of Michael W. Bugni & Associates, PLLC
11300 Roosevelt Way NE, Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98125
EMAIL: krichards at lawgate.net
TEL: 206-365-5500