[WSBAPT] Can a trust pay into beneficiary's IRA?

Christina Faucett christina at faucettlegal.com
Thu Aug 30 13:56:41 PDT 2018

I have a client who wants to use some of the assets of his estate to fund
trusts for minor nieces and nephews. He originally wanted to set up Roth
IRAs directly for each of them, but I understand those cannot be funded
with inheritance money. My question is, can the trust direct the trustee to
pay into a Roth for the beneficiary as long as the beneficiary is working,
up to the maximum amount allowed each year? Or is this also not allowed
because the beneficiary would not be funding the Roth directly?

Thanks,
Christina Faucett
Attorney at Law
faucettlegal.com
(206) 650-2420

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely
for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information and may be legally protected from disclosure.  If you are not
the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the
sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments
is strictly prohibited.