[WSBAPT] DSHS Claim

delp at whidbey.net delp at whidbey.net
Mon Aug 20 15:08:32 PDT 2018

Hi Paul: I had a  similar case a number of years ago.  At that time, DSHS routinely settled such claims for 80% of the value of the estate after the costs of administration, so that the remaining 20% of the estate could be distributed to estate beneficiaries.  I do not recall DSHS filing a lien on the house, but rather they filed a creditor’s claim in the probate.  I worked directly with the DSHS financial claims agent to reach a settlement, which was then approved by court order. I am happy to talk to you about the process.  Give me a call tomorrow or Wednesday.

Regards,
Margaret

--

Law Office of Margaret Delp