[WSBAPT] DSHS Claim

Paul Grant paulnnepa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:26:25 PDT 2018

Does anyone have experience with a high DSHS claim when a primary residence
remains?  I have my first case where the probate, after receiving the claim
from DSHS, will become insolvent and I am struggling with seeing the
picture of steps.  House is worth $380 or so, with a mortgage of $100, but
a DSHS claim of over $300...

I see the priority list of an estate, no problem, but I am amiss at the
next step.  ie: DSHS has made a claim so they need to seek a court order to
capture the remaining funds of the house proceeds and are treated within
the priority of the estate claims?  Or, do they file a claim and they are
paid like a secured claim (mortgage) vs unsecured?

If someone has dealt with DSHS before and has 10 min to spare (ya, right) I
would greatly appreciate guidance.

Thank you!

Paul H. Grant - JD, LL.M

Planning with Purpose, Inc
Lynnwood, WA 98036
425-939-9948
www.planningwithpurposeinc.com

Estate Planning. Business Planning. Wealth Succession.