[WSBAPT] father trying to preserve inheritance for children

Jenna Brozik jennaprinzlaw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 10:42:30 PDT 2018

Hello list mates,

I drafted a will for my client in 2015.  He has a farm and left the farm to
his two children in equal shares in the will.

Since then he has sold his farm and has a owner held contract for 20
years.  He gets payment for the farm once a year until the farm is paid off.

My client is worried that he won't be around to collect all the payments.
He is in his eighties.  He is also afraid that when he goes into a nursing
home, the nursing home will consider it income and it will ruin his chances
of Medicaid.

Does anyone have any suggestions so that he can preserve the farm so that
his children inherit it?

Thanks in advance,

Jenna Brozik
Attorney at Law