[WSBAPT] Probate question - Requesting access to deceased's digital accounts such as email.

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Fri Aug 17 16:05:02 PDT 2018

I have gone through this and am still fighting Apple as they have failed to comply with their duties under the law. It’s so terrible because the uniform act (that was written by the various tech companies) has no teeth or penalty for failing to comply. I’m working the legislative angle to see about getting that law changed.

In the meantime, the process is spelled out pretty clearly in rcw 11.120 Et. Seq.

Brent Williams-Ruth
Founding Member
BWR Consulting, PLLC
Phone: (425) 830-5134