[WSBAPT] referral for a widow

julie at juliefowlerlaw.com julie at juliefowlerlaw.com
Wed Aug 15 09:49:56 PDT 2018

I have a client I was doing will preparation for, but the husband died
unexpectedly before we completed the documents. The widow is partially
disabled and husband managed everything. They were a delightful couple. The
widow needs a lot of assistance finding documents and managing the estate
because she's partially blind. They have an adult daughter with mental
health issues that they were adamant have nothing to do with their estate.

This is a complex estate in the sense that I think the husband was not
managing finances as well as he claimed, he was a business owner, and the
widow needs assistance finding documents and hand holding to make decisions.
She needs someone to jump on this case to assist her and I don't have the
time due to some family issues I'm dealing with. I feel like I'm stringing
her along and I don't want to. She's delightful, but needy.

Client is in Bellevue. They do have money, we just don't know where it's at.
Widow can't drive and needs to be met at home, at least initially. Anyone
willing to take this case?

Julie K. Fowler

Law Office of Julie K. Fowler, P.S.

12400 SE 38th Street, Ste 203

Bellevue, WA 98006

(425) 990-9975 (o)  ~  425-451-2687 (f)

 <mailto:julie at juliefowlerlaw.com> julie at juliefowlerlaw.com

 <http://www.juliefowlerlaw.com> www.juliefowlerlaw.com

~ OFFICE HOURS ~  9:30 am - 3:30 pm Tuesday through Friday only