[WSBAPT] QTIP Trustee Disclaimer

Matt Johnson Matt at gravislaw.com
Tue Apr 24 07:40:38 PDT 2018

Is there any reason why a trustee of a testamentary marital QTIP trust could not, if given authority to do so in the trust, disclaim all or a portion thereof to either a credit shelter trust or generation skipping transfer trust within nine months after the first spouse's death?

I think it is doable, but do not see it being done, so I am suspect there is an issue with that I have not uncovered.

Thank you in advance,

Matthew R. Johnson | Attorney at Law
Schedule an Appointment<https://gravislaw.acuityscheduling.com/>
Partner - Gravis Law, PLLC
P.O. Box 182 | 350 E. Main St.
Dayton, WA 99328
O-(509) 382-2030
F-(866) 419-9269
Website <https://www.gravislaw.com/> - LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-r-johnson/2b/997/87a>

NOTICE:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522, is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other than the individual recipient(s) is NOT a waiver of attorney-client privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated therein. If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail to matt at gravislaw.com<mailto:matt at gravislaw.com> and immediately delete the original message.