[WSBAPT] FW: Auto-deposit post-death

Lisa E Schuchman lisa at lisaschuchman.com
Thu Apr 19 14:39:27 PDT 2018

My deceased client had monthly pension payments made by automatic deposit.  Two of these continued for a month after his death, since the PR didn't know any specifics at that time.  His depository bank account was then closed and now the two pension organizations want their money back. I know that for SSA payments the recipient has to survive the whole month to keep the money, and I don't know the rules for these two.

I can't figure out if these are creditors who need to go through the claim process.  Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Lisa E. Schuchman
206-960-4212
www.lisaschuchman.com<http://www.lisaschuchman.com/>

I learn, I give. - Gloria Steinem

NOTE: I do not use encrypted email.  Messages sent to or from my office via email are not secure and may not be protected by attorney-client privilege. This email address is not monitored at all times.  If your matter is urgent, please phone my office during regular business hours.

Any tax advice included in this document and its attachments was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code.
P  Please consider the trees before printing this document