[WSBAPT] Title issue - thank you

Claudia A Gowan claudia at cagowanlaw.com
Fri Apr 13 11:53:58 PDT 2018

Colleagues, thanks to all who responded. Reason prevailed. Recognizing that the SOL on the death of the 1st JT in 1995 has expired, a supplemental will be issued removing the brother from the vesting.

I have learned a whole lot about JTWROs and title with this matter. One thing that came up at the title company and through John McCrady on the listserv is that if a deed is issued as JTWROS, it should be acknowledged by the grantees confirming that they are intending to take as JTWROS and NOT as TIC. I rarely have occasion to issue a deed in JTWROS, but I will remember this point if I ever do.

Best, Claudia

Claudia A. Gowan

Claudia A. Gowan, PLLC
2101 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1900