[WSBAPT] Life Insurance

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Mon Oct 30 11:56:11 PDT 2017

Because the death certificate does not reference physician aid in dying, and because of medical privacy laws, the insurer is unlikely to know that the cause of death was anything other than the underlying medical condition. RCW 70.245.040(2) makes it clear that the underlying terminal disease is to be listed as the cause of death.

See also the DOH instructions to health care providers linked below.
https://www.doh.wa.gov/portals/1/Documents/5400/DWDAMedCertifier.pdf

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.