[WSBAPT] Rejection of Probate Claims

Amy Goertz amyjgoertz at icloud.com
Tue Oct 3 08:42:57 PDT 2017

No - there is no “claim” to reject as it was not properly presented per 11.40.070. By rejecting the claim, the creditor may then believe that they have a right to bring suit on the rejected claim and then you have a whole new can of worms. I usually send a letter stating that the claim period has passed and they did not bring a claim, and that further action on it purported debt against the PR or decedent’s family would be reported to the proper agencies.
RCW 11.40.070

Amy J. Goertz, J.D.
Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC
amyjgoertz at icloud.com <mailto:amyjgoertz at icloud.com>