[WSBAPT] Selling Property from Estate using a Deed of Trust(foreclosure risks)

Dewey Weddle DWWeddle at msn.com
Thu May 4 10:57:59 PDT 2017

Gus,

What happens to the property if the PR does not accept the offer of the buyer wanting to use the Deed of Trust?  I am presuming the property would be sold anyway with the proceeds going to beneficiaries.  If that is the case, then I would advise the PR to sell the property in the conventional manner.  There are too many possibilities for something to go wrong selling to a buyer using a Deed of Trust.  Why sow the seeds for future trouble?  If the buyer wants the property, let him obtain financing in the conventional manner and let somebody else worry about whether payments are made.  I am pretty sure that the PR would not relish the prospect of becoming embroiled in foreclosure proceedings in the event the buyer failed to meet the terms of the note.  The beneficiaries probably would not be very happy either.  Warning Will Robinson!!!

Best regards,

Dewey W. Weddle

Law Office of Dewey W. Weddle, PLLC
909 Seventh Street