[WSBAPT] New Power of Attorney Act Questions

Sharon Rutberg email at sharonrutberglaw.com
Tue Mar 21 17:01:28 PDT 2017

We have done the same. We have included language stating that the powers
granted to the Agent in the Durable Power of Attorney for Finances do not
include health care powers (or, if applicable, powers for health care of
minor children), and that the principal has executed a separate DPOA for
those matters.

Law Office of Sharon C. Rutberg, PS

1734 NW Market St.

Seattle, WA 98107

Website:  <http://www.sharonrutberglaw.com/> www.sharonrutberglaw.com

206-409-2604

 <mailto:email at sharonrutberglaw.com> email at sharonrutberglaw.com

Washington State Bar #47055
D.C. Bar #420576

NOTICES
The contents of this message and any attachments may be protected by the
attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, and/or other applicable
protections. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
message in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete the message.
Thank you for your assistance.

IRS Circular 230 Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed
by the IRS, we inform you that to the extent this communication contains
advice relating to a Federal tax issue, it is not intended or written to be
used, and it may not be used, for (i) the purpose of avoiding any penalties
that may be imposed on you or any other person or entity under the Internal
Revenue Code or (ii) promoting or marketing to another party any transaction
or matter addressed herein.