[WSBAPT] Designation of Successor Agent _ POA. RCW 11.125.110(2)

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Fri Mar 3 10:10:32 PST 2017

I suspect any of us would simply be making this up as we went along.

I think you are asking about the mechanism for the acting agent to designate a successor, if authorized in the document, I would likely draft a statement for signature (notary) by the acting agent citing their authority under the document and referencing 11.125.110(2), name the successor agent, and attach it to the existing power of attorney. Getting third parties to accept this transfer of authority will be the challenge.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.