[WSBAPT] Small Estate Affidavit

Jayne Gilbert jgilbertatty at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 16:47:19 PDT 2017

How hard you have to work to get the bank to release funds depends upon the
Bank. Big Banks seem to hold off paying "until they clear through their
attorneys" and they mostly will not put you through to an attorney. If you
get through, the attorney will most likely not be licensed in WA and
resistant to going off the boilerplate requiring a court order or Letters
Testamentary instead.

The next step is to let the bank know that if you must got to Court for an
order to distribute you will be seeking attorney fees and costs. The old
"attorney letter" works more often than not.

If you are dealing with a local bank like Key Bank, my clients have found
that going to different branches until one will distribute does work. Me 2
cents.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Eden Rubenstein Toner <
attorneytoner at earthlink.net> wrote:

> See RCW 11.62.  estate must be under $100,000.
>
> *Eden Rubenstein Toner*
>
> *Attorney at Law*
>
> *1600-B SW Dash Point Road, #163*
>
> *Federal Way, WA 98023*
>
> *phone 206-953-4485 <(206)%20953-4485>*
>
>      IMPORTANT: This e-mail message (and any attachments accompanying it)
> is intended to be confidential, only for the use of the intended
> recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has
> been addressed to you in error, please notify me by reply e-mail, and then
> destroy all copies of the message and its attachments, if any. Your
> cooperation is greatly appreciated.  My email is not encrypted;  if you
> have sensitive information to transmit, please contact me before sending.

Jayne Marsh Gilbert
Gilbert and Gilbert Lawyers, PS