[WSBAPT] Small Estate Affidavit

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Fri Jun 16 13:25:24 PDT 2017

Happy Friday Listmates -

I have my first PC that would qualify for a Small Estate Affidavit but upon
reading up, I am curious as to whether or not it would work.  Decedent is
father to two adult children, spouse preceded him in death long ago, has no
bills as he paid cash for everything. Only asset, as he lived with one of
his two children, is a savings account that has approximately $35,000.
Everything that I am reading that relates to bank accounts is for account
value of $2,500 or less.

Am I missing something or will they be required to get letters of
administration because of the higher value?

Thank you for the guidance.

Brent

--

*Brent Williams-Ruth*